Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A litte advice...

Over the course of my incessant ramblings about shop fronts, single origins and 'the ultimate big breakfast' I have had many people tell me that I am indeed mad. Surely my life is not dominated by eggs and bacon? How sad.

To be honest, I've given hobbies a go, and this is the only thing that seems to have stuck. I am yet to find a suitable replacement for my caffeine addiction, or breakfast for that matter.

Many fights have been fought with friends and strangers over the importance of breakfast in the food hierarchy, and the only thing that can be agreed upon is that I will fight to the death to prove my point.

Who knows, I doubt I'll ever find a suitable replacement for my love of cafes, but what I have found is a great companion for breakfast, and that's my Mac.

I used to loathe going to cafes on my own, I felt that not only was it "totes un-cool" and something that only my mum would do, but a very lonely act.

How things have changed. Now days I revel in my own company, followed closely by my beloved piece of technology. It's the perfect date, and it turns out that there are a lot of cafes that provide a suitable backdrop for our love affair.

This post goes out to Mr Ben Thompson, who seeks to find his own office in a cafe or two. I must admit it's a hard task to find a place that will let you hang out for several hours in a corner, hunched over your laptop, but if you search hard enough, be nice enough, and order several dozen lattes, you'll find one or two.

So here's my top pick, for the coffee, the food, the ambiance and most importantly, some chilled out service.

Monk Bohdi Dharma- Rear 202 Carlisle St, Balaclava VIC 3183. Go the Avo & Feta Mash
Lawson's Grove-1 Lawson Grove, South Yarra
Dr, Jekyll-107 Grey Street St. Kilda 3182. Sit in the courtyard, and say hi to Roy for me :)
Mart-107a Canterbury Road,(Tram stop) Middle Park. When the sun is shining, grab a booth outside. The Granola is a favourite.
St. Ali- 12-18 Yarra Place South Melbourne VIC 3205. Lamb pizza, that's all I'll say.
Dead man espresso-35 Market St South Melbourne 3205. Fruit salad- a must have.
Coin Laundry,61 Armadale St. Armadale. Banana Bread with espresso butter- nom nom.
Inkr 7- 7 inkerman Street, St Kilda, VIC, 3182. Again, courtyard- very good. Eggs pancetta is a whole new world.
Miss Jacksons-2/19 Grey Street, St Kilda 3182 (enter from Jackson Street).
New York Tomato- Lot 24, 2-6 New St, Richmond, VIC, 3121
Crue-194 Toorak Road, South Yarra, 3141
Outpost-9 Yarra St, South Yarra, 3141. The bircher is amazing.
Picnic-60 Toorak Rd, South Yarra 3141

Have fun working :)

No comments:

Post a Comment