Sunday, April 4, 2010

Food- 7 Grams

7 Grams-


505 Church Street Richmond.


Richmond is predominantly occupied by the corporate world and their office spaces, with various insertions of outrageous furniture and design stores.


Every now and then however, pops up a special café that attracts all the business savvy and art deco workers alike.


7 Grams is one of these special cafes that I would always drive past on my way to Pearl café, but never venture into.


Thanks to a friend who works close by, weekly breakfast meetings at ungodly hours meant that sampling new breakfast spots is now an easy adventure.


7 Grams is owned and operated by the Haralambopoulos brothers' and is named from the measure of coffee traditionally used to extract the perfect espresso.


Perfect might just be an understatement, as my coffee was right in every way possible: Temperature, texture and taste. I hadn’t heard of Veneziano Coffee's Estate blend but it was exactly what I needed to get me out of my early morning catatonic state.


My breakfast of a scrambled egg with Haloumi cheese and avocado was incredibly delicious and with my whole breakfast totalling less than $15, I was one happy camper.


Whilst 7 Grams lacks the aesthetic appeal and edgy interior of other café’s its service is quick and its food and coffee of the highest quality.


Maybe it was my 6am wakeup that made me appreciate the food when it arrived so much more…but 7 Grams has made a favourable impression on my palate.


Date rate: For your office crush; amazing!

Coffee cure: The awards speak for themselves.

Hung over happy: It will be the best part of 9-5pm

Price: Bingo!


No comments:

Post a Comment