Monday, March 1, 2010

Fashion


Is it just me... or is Sportsgirl doing everything right?

I remember maybe five years ago I would hope that when I walked into a store, something would appeal to me. Yet there was no hope. It seemed that Sportsgirl was stuck in a rut in which they overcharged for basic fashion items which you could find for a quarter of the price in locations such as Supre' or Cotton On. The clothes lacked any uniformed sense of style and screamed, "Help me! I'm confused, am I casual or night wear, sporty or girly?

Things have certainly changed.

Since about 2009, Sportsgirl has upped the anti and released range after range of winning pieces. This might have to do with the collaboration of several Australian designers such as Arabella Ramsay, Nicholas Morley, Bec and Bridge and ‘Glint By Mich’.

Their flagship stores also offer several fashion departments such as ‘Recycle It’, which features vintage hand -picked pieces.

A shout out is definitely needed for the team who decided to turn around the visual merchandising and shop front of Sportsgirl. It's windows and displays are always drawing customers in.

Sportsgirl has obviously put a massive focus on increasing their marketing through advertisements and a shift towards selling 'outfits' rather than individual pieces- This dress will team with that jacket, and cannot be worn without a black leather bracelet. Don’t forget the black pumps to match. The ability of their ranges to be worn day and night places Sportsgirl as one of the top destinations for transition wear.

I also love that In 2009, Sportsgirl announced the proud achievement of raising $560,000 for the Butterfly Foundation. These cute little bracelets have been adorning my wrists for a few years now.

I am finding myself drawn like a magnet to this store. Every time I walk by something catches my eye which I must have. Never mind the ten scarf’s I already own; this new purchase is one shade lighter and 3cm longer. Essential to my wardrobe.

And did I mention Lay-by? (Insert Bittersweet symphony track here.)

Since its humble beginnings in 1947 Sportsgirl has grown and developed its own sense of style, from vintage BOHO to grunge chic; there is a look suitable for almost anyone. Sportsgirl's prices are now on par and this is reflected in their ever growing popularity with fashion savvy women. 

This label is everything but Sporty. And I love it.

Source: http://www.archfashion.com.au/sportsgirl

Photo: www.sportsgirl.com.au



No comments:

Post a Comment