Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Food- Las Chicas


Las Chicas

203 Carlisle Street, Balaclava

If you have ever heard someone rant on and on and on about a venue, person or object, think again.

Las Chicas holds a special place in my heart, it was the beggining and will be the end of my caffeine addiction.
My tastebuds were enlightened around five years ago when a close friend took me and three others to Las Chicas for the first time. As a group of five we sat down to what would soon become our regular hangout.

Years later I am still 'hanging around'.

This cafe offers an extensive menu that i now know off by heart, and with good reasoning; these meals will stay with you forever.

For the hung over soul; try the BBB (Big bikini blowout) it is worth every extra inch on the hips. Lashings of bacon adorn a perfectly toasted bagel smothered in avocado with two poached eggs covered in just the right amount of creamy hollandaise. This breakfast beauty is so amazing that you will forget about your previous nights antics instantly, if you can remember them in the first place that is.

For the sweet tooth, Las Chicas offers their famous sweet ricotta with hints of vanilla and crushed pistachios, piled high onto carrot and date loaf, an interesting and rewarding combination.

Las Chicas draws an interesting crowd, from your indie/alternative to your St.Kilda hippy, to the gossiping school girls and trendy socialites. More recently it has become child friendly with lots of parents realising the potential to please the hungry child. The menu here also satisfies the gluten free individual with plenty of salads and bread alternatives. I could go on and on about the different options but honestly, its all amazing. You have to go experience it for yourself.

Having recently switched from Di Bella to All Press coffee, Las Chicas has maintained their standards in producing a great tasting cup for their customers.

I have introduced countless friends to this cafe, and never have i heard a bad review. I am definately biased, but I cant help it. The staff at Las Chicas, despite being overworked and I'm sure underpaid, are friendly and welcoming to everyone that drops by.

Las Chicas is also pet friendly :) For the lucky few you might just get to catch a glimpse of one particular great dane/lion looking creature, affectionately nicknamed 'Aslan' by yours truly. You have to see him to believe it!

This cafe is my fail safe haven. I know that despite the weekend queue outside I will never be disappointed.

As I have grown and matured, so have my tastebuds, but they are sticking by this little urban spot. It was love at first sight/smell/taste.

and they lived happily ever after....

Hangover Happy- The ultimate in choice
Date rate- Lets just say I shall marry the boy who suggests this place for an outing
Coffee cure- works every time
Price- Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment